Journey to Success in Hospitality (OLES)
The Journey to Success in Hospitality Program is a 21-week college certificate program designed to provide participants with exposure into the fundamentals of working in the hospitality industry.
- Receive a college certificate from Niagara College.
- Niagara is currently located in the heart of Canada’s ever-expanding hospitality and tourism industry.
- The 8-week paid work placement will provide participants with hands-on training.
- Earn while you learn! Participants are eligible to receive up to $300 per week while enrolled in the program.
- To meet minimum NPAAMB eligibility requirements you must be:
- A registered NPAAMB client (if you are not, contact your local YSO to schedule an intake appointment).
- Reside within one of the following catchment areas: Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, or Fort Erie and Niagara Falls (proof of residency may be required).
- Self-identify as an Aboriginal person (status/non-status First Nation, Inuit, or Metis).
- 15 to 30 years of age at the time of intake/selection.
- A desire to learn, participate, and accomplish personal career goals.
- Out of school, unemployed or underemployed.
- Senior level high school or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in academic upgrading prior to and during program.
- If participant is a previous NPAAMB client, must demonstrate successful completion of prior interventions.
- Must not have received NPAAMB occupational skills training in the last year. If so, then the skills training must support the extension or enhancement of an existing action plan.
- Commitment to full attendance.
- Must be willing to accept 8-week work placement locally or outside city of residence.
This program is proudly sponsored by
- Government of Canada
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) – Skills and Partnership Fund
- Niagara College
8 weeks of on-the-job skills training
|Deadline to Apply||October 30, 2018|
|Starts||October 30, 2018|
|Cost||100% of funding covered by NPAAMB|
*Please note that any or all program supports will require a T4A to be issued by NPAAMB to the participants for income tax declaration purposes as required by the Canada Revenue Agency. Additional training supports are based on individual need and assessment completion by regional Youth Service Officers.
Niagara College Campus located at 135 Taylor Rd, Niagara on the Lake, ON L0S 1J0
How to Apply
To register, please contact your regional Youth Service Officer to be included in our ongoing inventory of applicants.